March 6, 2016

Frankfurt

Things have been going very well here. I'm trying to live in the moment as much as possible because I'm really not looking forward to going back to LSU. I like it here so much more. I'm definitely going to look into going to grad school here. I'm not sure if there are any programs in Germany but I know for sure that there are some in England and Scotland.
I lost my phone a few days ago. Shocker. It was in the building where we all have our language class and thankfully someone found it and knew it was mine.
On Friday I went with two people to Gissen. Its a 20 minute train ride that we can take for free. One of my friends, Cassy, has friends all over Germany because she works in her school's study abroad office and she studied abroad in Germany a couple years ago. We met up with a few of her friends and went to the most amazing burger place. It was literally the best hamburger I've ever had. I successfully ordered one with only cheese. The man just couldn't believe I only wanted cheese.
On Saturday I went to Frankfurt. We met another one of Cassy's friends and she was basically our tour guide all day. Walking around you would never guess that you're in Germany. It could easily pass as a US city. It reminds me of a mini NYC. Plenty of people. We walked around all day and for dinner I ate an entire 12 inch pizza. It was a good pizza.
As of now the plan is to go to Heidelberg next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment